‘Fire monks’ preparing to defend California monastery from blaze
Monks at the Tassajara Zen Mountain Center are clearing brush and running a sprinkler system called ‘Dharma rain’
A group of firefighting monks was ready to defend a Buddhist monastery threatened by a wildfire burning in the rugged central coast mountains south of Big Sur.
Seven monks at the Tassajara Zen Mountain Center have been clearing brush from around the center this week and running a sprinkler system dubbed “Dharma rain,” which helps keep a layer of moisture around the buildings.Continue reading...
May be interesting
- 23.06.2021 Five years on from the Brexit referendum, the result is clear: both unions are losing
- 23.06.2021 Antivirus entrepreneur John McAfee found dead in Spanish prison – video
- 23.06.2021 Billionaire defenders say their tax avoidance is perfectly legal. But is it? | David Sirota
- 23.06.2021 Pandemic probably caused biggest drop in US life expectancy since 1945 – study
- 23.06.2021 Tour de France 2021: full team-by-team guide