Progressives criticize Biden and Harris for not doing more to help voting rights
Risk of a first major public rift with Democrats’ progressive wing if a breakthrough is not found soon
When the New York Democratic congressman Mondaire Jones, a freshman, was at the White House last week for the signing of the proclamation making Juneteenth a national holiday, he told Joe Biden their party needed him more involved in passing voting legislation on Capitol Hill.
Biden “just sort of stared at me”, Jones said of the US president’s response, describing an “awkward silence” that passed between the two.Continue reading...
May be interesting
- 23.06.2021 People are quitting their jobs in record numbers. Companies should take note – and treat them better | Arwa Mahdawi
- 23.06.2021 US Capitol attack: first defendant in 6 January riot expected to be sentenced
- 23.06.2021 Before Christian Pulisic there was Jovan Kirovski
- 23.06.2021 Who does Unesco think they are? Listing the Great Barrier Reef as ‘in danger’! After all we have done for it! | First Dog on the
- 23.06.2021 Ex-police captain Eric Adams takes early lead in New York mayoral primary