First rioter tried for US Capitol attack gets probation instead of prison time
Anna Morgan-Lloyd was sentenced to three years’ probation but judge warns other defendants not to expect the same leniency
A federal judge sentenced a Capitol rioter to probation, not prison time, after she made an emotional apology to “the American people” for participating in “a savage display of violence”.
Anna Morgan-Lloyd, a 49-year-old Donald Trump supporter from Indiana, was the first person to be sentenced for participating in the 6 January attack. She will spend no time in prison after pleading guilty to a single misdemeanor charge of “parading, demonstrating, or picketing in a Capitol building”.Continue reading...
May be interesting
- 23.06.2021 The American economy is perilously fragile. Concentration of wealth is to blame | Robert Reich
- 23.06.2021 First rioter tried for US Capitol attack gets probation instead of prison time
- 23.06.2021 Voting rights bill blocked in Senate despite united Democrats | First Thing
- 23.06.2021 Trump hoped Covid-19 would ‘take out’ former aide John Bolton, book claims
- 23.06.2021 John McAfee: antivirus entrepreneur found dead in Spanish prison