House investigates possible shadow operation in Trump justice department
Judiciary committee want to know if officials violated policies in issuing secret subpoenas against congressional Democrats
Top Democrats in the House are investigating whether Trump justice department officials ran an unlawful shadow operation to target political enemies of the former president to hunt down leaks of classified information, according to a source familiar with the matter.
The House judiciary committee chairman, Jerry Nadler, is centering his investigation on the apparent violation of internal policies by the justice department, when it issued subpoenas against Democrats Adam Schiff and Eric Swalwell in 2018.Continue reading...
May be interesting
- 24.06.2021 US billionaires don’t pay tax, and our politicians don’t seem bothered | Maureen Tkacik
- 24.06.2021 Lego aims to woo adult superfans with instore ‘storytelling tables’
- 24.06.2021 Senators to meet with Biden, raising hopes of bipartisan infrastructure bill breakthrough – live
- 24.06.2021 Britney Spears’ emotional bid to end 'abusive' 13-year conservatorship | First Thing
- 24.06.2021 'I want to understand': top US general defends studying critical race theory in military – video