John McAfee: the tech pioneer turned fugitive
Founder of McAfee Associates went on the run in 2012 after his Belize neighbour was shot dead
- John McAfee: antivirus entrepreneur found dead in Spanish prison
John McAfee, the creator of a programme that is among the most-used virus protection programmes worldwide, was a controversial figure, cryptocurrency promoter, tax opponent and fugitive who twice made long-shot runs for the US presidency.
He publicly embraced drugs, guns and sex, and had a history of legal woes spanning from Tennessee to Central America to the Caribbean.Continue reading...
May be interesting
- 24.06.2021 Paul George scores 27 as LA Clippers right ship with Game 3 win over Suns
- 24.06.2021 Democrats working on three tracks in response to Senate voting rights defeat
- 24.06.2021 ‘The water is coming’: Florida Keys faces stark reality as seas rise
- 24.06.2021 Simone Manuel’s close call at US trials shows weight all Olympians carry
- 24.06.2021 Welcome to the US southern border: same country, different planet