I have ‘pandemic brain’. Will I ever be able to concentrate again?
When lockdown hit, I became distracted, unfocused – and overwhelmed. But there are ways to recover
I can pinpoint the exact moment that I realized my brain was still broken from the pandemic.
A few weeks ago, while riding the train, I decided to send off a few overdue email replies. Fast forward 45 minutes, and there I was: sitting cross-legged on my destination platform, email forgotten, frantically toggling between tabs. It was, by now, a grimly familiar experience of my pandemic-era cognitive performance.Continue reading...
May be interesting
- 24.06.2021 ‘Less water means more gas’: how drought will test California’s stressed power grid
- 24.06.2021 Ex-NRA chief tricked into speech to 3,044 empty chairs for gun victims
- 24.06.2021 John McAfee: the tech pioneer turned fugitive
- 24.06.2021 ‘We’ve struck a deal’: Biden says agreement reached on infrastructure plan – live
- 24.06.2021 ‘The water is coming’: Florida Keys faces stark reality as seas rise