‘We’ve struck a deal’: Biden says agreement reached on infrastructure plan – live
- Republican and Democratic senators have reached deal – president
- Speaker: ‘It is imperative that we seek the truth as to what happened’
- Giuliani’s New York law license suspended ‘effectively immediately’
- Biden urges unvaccinated to get shots as ‘deadlier’ Delta strain spreads
Some more from Joe Biden, who is very pleased about the infrastructure plan he announced earlier.
“I think it’s really important we’ve all agreed that none of us got all that we wanted,” Biden said, in a statement that is unlikely to impress those Democrats who pushed for more far-reaching legislation.
•Joe Biden said “we’ve struck a deal” on a proposal to upgrade the nation’s infrastructure, after meeting with a bi-partisan group of senators. A group of Democratic and Republican senators previously said they had reached agreement on a $953 billion infrastructure plan, although that falls short of Biden’s original $2.25 trillion plan.
•Nanci Pelosi, the House speaker, welcomed the bipartisan package, but warned that it must be paired with the president’s bigger goals now being prepared by Congress under the budget reconciliation process – under which legislation requires just 51 votes to pass.Continue reading...
May be interesting
- 24.06.2021 Lehkonen propels Montreal Canadiens into first Stanley Cup final since 1993
- 24.06.2021 Rare gray wolf pack makes its home in northern California
- 24.06.2021 Former Saudi officials to be questioned about alleged links to 9/11 attackers
- 24.06.2021 I have ‘pandemic brain’. Will I ever be able to concentrate again?
- 24.06.2021 Egypt’s political prisoners have little hope – and the west must share the blame | Jack Shenker