Draft Trump order told defense chief to seize swing-state voting machines
Unpublished executive order, obtained by Politico, among documents provided to January 6 panel after court ruling
- US politics – live coverage
In the heady days between Donald Trump’s defeat in November 2020 and the January 6 insurrection at the US Capitol, an executive order was prepared. It commanded the defense secretary to seize voting machines in battleground states, as part of Trump’s “big lie” that the vote was rigged.
The draft executive order, obtained and published by Politico, was never sent and its author is unknown. It was part of a cache of documents handed over to the House committee investigating the January 6 violence, after the supreme court ruled this week that Trump could not shield himself from oversight on grounds of executive privilege.Continue reading...
May be interesting
- 21.01.2022 America in Crisis – in pictures
- 21.01.2022 Monkeys escape after truck carrying 100 animals to a laboratory crashes in US
- 21.01.2022 The Dallas Mavericks are consistently white in a black league. Why?
- 21.01.2022 NYPD officer killed and another injured during domestic disturbance call
- 21.01.2022 Sports quiz of the week: Comoros, Conte, Caulker, crowds and collapses