Republican resistance to Trump rings hollow as ‘moderates’ say no on voting rights
Romney, Cheney and others were hailed as the conscience of the party but their deeds in the Senate have provoked accusations of hypocrisy
They have been hailed as the conscience of the Republican party, heroes of the resistance to former US president Donald Trump’s hostile takeover.
But Senator Mitt Romney, Congresswoman Liz Cheney and others this month helped kill off a voting rights bill that Democrats say is essential to protecting democracy from a Trump-driven onslaught.Continue reading...
May be interesting
- 22.01.2022 Arizona Democrats censure Kyrsten Sinema for voting rights failure
- 22.01.2022 Rudy Giuliani and Michael Flynn to see honorary university degrees revoked
- 22.01.2022 Bengals upend top-seeded Titans to reach first AFC title game since 1988
- 22.01.2022 The creaky, mediocre Los Angeles Lakers should have seen this coming
- 22.01.2022 Monkey on loose in Pennsylvania after crash on way to laboratory