Tennessee Jewish couple’s lawsuit accuses Christian agency of denying them foster care services
Lawsuit claims employee from state-funded program informed couple they would not serve them ‘because of their Jewish faith’
A Jewish couple from Tennessee has filed a lawsuit against the state’s Department of Children’s Services after a state-funded Christian program denied them foster care services for religious reasons.
According to the lawsuit filed on Wednesday, Elizabeth and Gabriel Rutan-Ram signed up for the foster-parent training class and home-study certification process last January at the Holston United Methodist Home for Children.Continue reading...
May be interesting
- 22.01.2022 Rudy Giuliani and Michael Flynn to see honorary university degrees revoked
- 22.01.2022 Video shows juvenile facility staff held Black teen facedown before his death
- 22.01.2022 Omicron isolation makes me long for the simple joy of hanging out with a friend | Sophie Brickman
- 22.01.2022 Big Sur wildfire causes evacuations as Harris visits state to tout federal plan
- 22.01.2022 Republican resistance to Trump rings hollow as ‘moderates’ say no on voting rights