Arizona Democrats censure Kyrsten Sinema for voting rights failure
The Democratic senator opposed a move to carve voting rights issues out of the filibuster
- Republican resistance to Trump rings hollow on voting rights
The Arizona Democratic party has formally censured Kyrsten Sinema, the US senator whose opposition to filibuster reform helped sink attempts to protect voting rights.
In a statement on Saturday the Arizona party chair, Raquel Terán, said: “While we take no pleasure in this announcement, the ADP executive board has decided to formally censure Senator Sinema as a result of her failure to do whatever it takes to ensure the health of our democracy.”Continue reading...
May be interesting
- 22.01.2022 Kyrsten Sinema: Arizona Democrats censure senator for voting rights failure
- 22.01.2022 Big Sur wildfire causes evacuations as Harris visits state to tout federal plan
- 22.01.2022 Maine man carrying own severed arm saved by workers sanding sidewalks
- 22.01.2022 NFL playoffs in tatters as 49ers shock Packers and Bengals topple Titans
- 22.01.2022 Rudy Giuliani and Michael Flynn to see honorary university degrees revoked