‘A free land for everyone’: San Antonio residents mourn tragic loss of lives
Many recalled their own experience of migrating to the US, calling for better immigration practices and protection of asylum seekers
Tony Bokanian got a call on Monday afternoon from a neighbor who told him police were massed near his used auto parts business on the south-western edge of San Antonio in southern Texas.
Bokanian went out to look. That was when he saw the bodies – dozens of lifeless men, women and children heaped behind a lorry on an obscure backroad while swarms of emergency vehicles arrived.Continue reading...
May be interesting
- 29.06.2022 January 6 testimony puts Donald Trump in even greater legal peril
- 29.06.2022 Ghislaine Maxwell sentencing provides ‘closure’, victims say – video
- 29.06.2022 Two more migrants dead from Texas trailer, bringing toll to 53
- 29.06.2022 Republican Lauren Boebert wins in Colorado after denouncing separation of church and state
- 29.06.2022 To my wife’s annoyance I am getting obsessed with litter – is this what middle age feels like? | Arwa Mahdawi