California returns beachfront property taken from Black couple in 1920s
Board unanimously agrees to complete transfer of parcels in area known as Bruce’s Beach, which was a resort for Black Americans
The Los Angeles county board of supervisors has voted to return ownership of prime California beachfront property to descendants of a Black couple who built a resort for African Americans but were stripped of the land in the 1920s.
The board voted 5-0 on a motion to complete the transfer of parcels in an area once known as Bruce’s Beach in the city of Manhattan Beach that is now the site of the county’s lifeguard training headquarters and its parking lot.Continue reading...
May be interesting
- 29.06.2022 ‘A free land for everyone’: San Antonio residents mourn tragic loss of lives
- 29.06.2022 It’s extra hot cappuccino drinking boomers vs indie sleaze loving millennials | First Dog on the Moon
- 29.06.2022 Texas sheriff says he ‘will not persecute’ those seeking an abortion
- 29.06.2022 Carson Pickett becomes first player with limb difference to play for USWNT
- 29.06.2022 Secret Service agent reportedly willing to testify Trump did not lunge at him